Platinum Mortgages for Non residents
Get in contact with us, and one of our Platinum Banking Managers will gladly assist you.
Why choose for a Platinum Mortgage
Requirements for Non-Residents
Service and assistance
Tailor-made for youThe Platinum Banking Mortgage for Non-resident is flexible and hassle-free. It is an annuity mortgage and the repayment of the loan consists of interest and principal. Your personal account manager takes care of every last detail, so all you have to do is relax and enjoy the sunshine.
The Platinum Banking Mortgage for Non-resident is a Preferred Banking product. It is part of our exclusive line of Platinum Banking Services that go beyond conventional banking. Whether you want to buy a house or a condo, our experts are with you every step of the way.
Yes, foreigners can buy property in Aruba and the Government of Aruba welcomes investment from overseas buyers. There are no restrictions on foreign buyers acquiring real estate in Aruba and the buying process for foreign buyers is the same as Aruban citizens. Foreigners can buy property on either freehold property land or on leased land which is owned by the government. In the case of leased land, a lessee is required to pay an annual fee for lease rights.
Can Non-Residents buy property in Aruba?
Documents required to open an account and to apply for a Non-Resident Mortgage loan:
2. Pay slips of the last two months
- Or a work contract with proof of income over a period of 12 months
- Or an income declaration from an internationally recognized accounting firm
- If you are self-employed and your income is derived from your business, please provide financial statements or tax returns of your business
- Your job title
- Your yearly or monthly salary/income
- Date of employment
4. A utility bill indicating your residential address, or a Census registration (‘bevolkingsregister’) indicating your residential address
5. Proof of ownership of the property by means of a notary letter or a deed in which the bank can verify that you are the owner of the property or
Purchase and/or sales agreement
6. An appraisal report from a recognized appraiser in Aruba (not older than 6 months after it has been created)
7. Credit Score report if available in your country of residence
8. Your source of wealth must be declared. Your assessor will inform you of the required documents depending on the individual information.
In case you are constructing a property the following is additionally required:
- A copy of the building permit approved by DOW addressed to your name (blue card)
- A copy of the contractors’ quotation with details of the construction
- A copy of the registration of the contractor at the Chamber of Commerce in case the contractor is not known to the bank, plus reference letters of finalized projects.
- An appraisal report:
- From a recognized appraiser in Aruba
- Indicating the value of the land and the property to be constructed thereon
- Not older than 6 months