Text Banking Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What can I do with Text Banking Touch & GO? Or for which services can I enroll with Text Banking?
A: With Text Banking you can receive account information directly on your mobile (PUSH and PULL Text Banking services) and/ or on your e-mail (PUSH Text Banking services).You can also receive information from the bank such as ATM location and Currency rates with the Pull services.
You can enroll for PULL Text Banking services, or PUSH Text Banking services, or both.
- Q: How can I enroll for Text Banking service?
A: You can enroll for Text Banking via our website or at one of our branches.
- Q: Who can use the Text Banking service?
A: All clients of Aruba Bank who have a personal and/ or a corporate account can use this service. If you don’t have an account with us, one of our representatives will be glad to assist you at any of our conveniently located branches.
- Q: Will Text Banking work on prepaid and postpaid mobile phones?
A: Text Banking works on both prepaid and postpaid mobile phones.
- Q: Do I need a Smartphone to enroll?
A: Text Banking works for all mobile phones from which you can send and receive a text message. This service is not for Smartphones only.
- Q: Is Text Banking secure?
A: Text Banking is a new and secure service offered by the Aruba Bank. We have taken all possible measures of security necessary to implement and provide this service, no account numbers will be sent to your mobile. However, it is always recommended you keep your mobile phone password protected.
- Q: What does PUSH Text Banking service do?
A: PUSH Text Banking service of Aruba Bank will send balance information/ alerts every time the respective account(s) meets a set value:
- Q: What does PULL Text Banking service do?
A: You can send a specific request to 7777 by using one of our pre-defined options via a text message request. This service is only available through a mobile phone.
- Q: What is the difference between a PUSH e-mail and PUSH text message?
A: The main difference between these two services is its notification method. You can either register for e-mail notification or for text message notification. We highly recommend when using a Smartphone to choose e-mail rather than text message.
- Q: Where can I get the PULL Text Banking option codes?
A: When you send a text message with command HELP to 7777 you will receive the complete list of pull option codes available for this service.
- Q: Can I add more accounts later?
A: Yes, you can add more accounts. This can be done by visiting our website and click on customer support, then click on text banking change form.
- Q: What is the information I can get from this PULL Text Banking service?
1. Using this service you can get your account balance,
2. Aruba Bank ATM locations,
3. Currency rates
4. Tips and Latest Aruba Bank campaigns.
5. Alerts on: balance movement, minimum and/ or maximum balance
- Q: Which are the Text Banking pull commands?
*Pull Services are currently available only to Setar Pre-paid and Post-paid mobile phone users.
SMS Command Text Message Example Text Message respond BLOCKCARD LOST (space) "6 last digit Mastercard Debit with Maestro Card number" BLOCKCARD LOST 123456 Your Mastercard Debit with Maestro will be blocked permanently and can not be unblocked. Please contact our Contact Center at 527-7777. BLOCKCARD TEMP (space) "6 last digit Mastercard Debit with Maestro Card number" BLOCKCARD TEMP 123456
Your Mastercard Debit with Maestro will be temporarily blocked
UNBLOCK CARD (space) "6 last digit Mastercard Debit with Maestro Card number" UNBLOCK CARD 123456 Your Mastercard Debit with Maestro will be unblocked ATM ATM NOORD Get ATM locations of one of the 6 different districts: Noord, Paradera, Santa Cruz, Oranjestad, Savaneta, San Nicolas BAL BAL Receive the balance of your primary account (default) BAL (space) 'account nickname' BAL CURRENT1
Receive the account balance by Nickname
BLOCK BLOCK CURRENT1 Block your subscribed in case of theft of loss BCARD (space) "6 last digit ATM Card number" BCARD (6 last digits of ATM Card number) BCARD (6 last digits of ATM Card number) BRANCH (space) "Branch Code"
BRANCH CAM or SAN or HATO Receive waiting time Teller, Reception, Insurance (Camacuri only), Customer Service HELP HELP Get a list of all Text Banking SMS commands TIPS TIPS Get helpful Text Banking tips HELPCC HELPCC Receive contact information to report lost/stolen credit card HELPCC2 HELPCC2 Receive contact information to report blocked credit card LIST LIST Get a list of all your subscribed accounts for Text Banking RATE (space) currency RATE EUR Get the latest currency rate for any of these currencies: EUR, USD, ANG, AWG, GBP, CAD, JMD, JPY, CHF
- Q: What should I do when I get a new phone?
A. You will need to come to one of our branches or visit our website and fill out a modification form.
- Q: Can I enroll for more than one account?
A: Yes, you can enroll for more than one account. Each account will need to have a unique nickname or alias. For example, you can enroll a current account with the alias ‘CUR’ or ‘Dailyacct’ and a savings account with the alias ‘SAV’ or ‘VAC’ meaning vacation account for example.
- Q: Can I get this service on more than one mobile device and/or e-mail?
A: Yes, this service can be added to multiple mobile devices and/or e-mails. This can have business advantages also as the company-spending can be monitored in real-time via your mobile or e-mail. The second example of this service as a parent you can enroll your children’s account to their mobile devices and also to your own mobile device (note: this is only possible in case your name is on their account).
- Q: Can I cancel/in-activate one of my accounts but keep the service?
A: Yes, you can cancel one account and keep the service active for the other accounts.
- Q: Can I get this service while abroad?
1. The push/SMS service is available via your mobile while roaming.
2. The push/e-mail service is available via your e-mail and is available anywhere where you can access your e-mail.
* Requesting PULL request from abroad is not possible as you are in a different country
- Q: What should I do if I want to cancel the service completely?
A: You can sent a request through the online change/ inactivation form or visit one of our branches
- Q: What should I do if I lose my mobile phone?
A: You will have to come personally to one of our five branches to cancel the old phone number and change this for a new mobile number.
- Q: Will I be charged a Text Message fee by my telephone service provider?
A: You will not be charged by your telephone service provider; initially the bank will not charge you for this service. Aruba Bank reserves the right to start charging you but, will notify you in advance when doing so.
- Q: I have a Digicel mobile phone, can I apply for this service?
A: Digicel currently only supports the push service; it is currently not applicable for the pull service.
- Q: How do I know or remember my registered accounts?
A: You can send the “List” to 7777 and you will receive your list of account names registered for this service.
- Q: What is meant by account Alias?
A: Account Alias or account nickname is a name you give your account(s) by which you can recognize them. This alias name will be displayed on your mobile instead of your account number for your privacy.
Q: Who can I call for help?
A: Contact Center at 527 7777
Q: Which are all the accounts I can enroll?
A: Current accounts, savings accounts and ArubaCard and credit card accounts
Q: What should I do if I want to change my e-mail address?
A: You can change it online through our website.
Q: Will I receive unsolicited text messages?
A: You will only receive messages you have requested from the push and/or pull services,
no unsolicited text messages will be send.